Brave New World Conference Resources
Welcome to our Brave New World Resources Page. Here, you’ll find links to articles, podcasts, and blog posts as well as bibliographies for books and other recommended resources relating to the idea of courageously engaging and compassionately loving others in an increasingly pluralistic society, without compromising our biblical convictions while exploring how the church can effectively communicate the unchanging Word in a relentlessly changing world.
- Darrell Bock, How Would Jesus Vote?: Do Your Political Views Really Align with the Bible?
- Lee Breach, The Church in Exile: Living in Hope After Christendom
- Mark Coppenger, Moral Apologetics for Contemporary Christians: Pushing Back Against Cultural and Religious Critics
- Andy Crouch, Culture Making: Recovering Our Creative Calling
- Andy Crouch, Strong and Weak: Embracing a Life of Love, Risk, and True Flourishing
- John S. Dickerson, The Great Evangelical Recession: 6 Factors that Will Crash the American Church… and How to Prepare
- Tony Evans, Horizontal Jesus: How Our Relationships with Others Affect Our Experience with God
- Os Guinness, Fool’s Talk: Recovering the Art of Christian Persuasion
- Tim Keller, Loving the City: Doing Balanced, Gospel-Centered Ministry in Your City
- David Kinnaman and Gabe Lyons, Good Faith: Being a Christian When Society Thinks You’re Irrelevant and Extreme
- Will Metzger, Tell the Truth: The Whole Gospel Wholly by Grace Communicated Truthfully and Lovingly
- R. Albert Mohler, We Cannot Be Silent: Speaking Truth to a Culture Redefining Sex, Marriage, and the Very Meaning of Right and Wrong
- Russell Moore, Onward: Engaging the Culture without Losing the Gospel
- Russell Moore, Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families and Churches
- J. Paul Nyquist, Prepare: Living Your Faith in an Increasingly Hostile Culture
- Larry Osborne, Thriving in Babylon: Why Hope, Humility, and Wisdom Matter in a Godless Culture
- David Platt, Counter Culture: A Compassionate Call to Counter Culture in a World of Poverty, Same-Sex Marriage, Racism, Sex Slavery, Immigration, Abortion, Persecution, Orphans, and Pornography
- James Emery White, The Rise of the Nones: Understanding and Reaching the Religiously Unaffiliated
- Beaumont, Hunter. “Preaching the Gospel in a Doctrine-Averse Culture.” Acts 29, June 1, 2010.
- Dean, Paul. “Cultural Engagement: Every Christian’s Obligation.” Crosswalk.com. Jan 24, 2008.
- Gavin, Ortlund. “3 Ways Our Culture Is Different from Every Other Culture in History.” The Gospel Coalition. February 9, 2016.
- Amy Simpson, “If We Can’t ‘Fear Not,’ Let’s Fear Better.” Christianity Today. January 19, 2016.
- Thorn, Joe. “6 Rules of Cultural Engagement.” Acts 29. February 20, 2015.
- Wilkinson, Alissa. “Lazy Cultural Engagement: Can We Stop Proof-Texting Culture?” Christianity Today. October 1, 2014.
- The Exchange by Ed Stetzer
- Albert Mohler’s Blog
- Engage at Bible.org
- Denison Forum on Truth and Culture
The Table Podcast
- Younger Perspectives on Cultural Engagement, with Darrell L. Bock, Kasey Summerer, Kymberli Cook, and Mikel Del Rosario. August 2, 2016
- Christianity in the Public Square, with Darrell L. Bock and John Dickson. August 8, 2015
- JR Vassar and Darrell L. Bock, Spiritual Renewal in a Post-Christian Society, October 29, 2013
DTS Chapel Messages
- Mark L. Bailey, Proclaiming Truth in a Contrary Culture, July 12, 2016
- Darrell L. Bock, David K. Lowery, Victor D. Anderson, and Sandra Glahn, Cultural Shift of Hostility, February 1, 2013
- Darrell L. Bock and Ed Stetzer, The Status of Evangelicalism, December 2, 2014
- Darrell L. Bock and John Dickson, Christianity as a Cultural Minority, February 10, 2015
- Mark Dever, How to Survive a Cultural Crisis, 2015 TGC National Conference Workshop
- Michael Lindsay, Preparing Leaders of Integrity for Public Influence, The Gospel Coalition 2013 National Conference
- Equipped with Chris Brooks, Moody Radio.
- Matt Chandler, Michael Horton, and Tim Keller, The Church in Culture, The Gospel Coalition, March 24, 2014.
- Tim Keller, John Pier, and D.A. Carson, Thriving Church in a Hostile Culture, The Gospel Coalition, March 24, 2014
- Rick Langer, Practicing Prophetic Civility in Today’s Society Talbot Chapel, March 8, 2016
- Paul Spears, Resisting the Pressures of Our Culture, Talbot Chapel, March 8, 2016
This is a list of select resources provided by Hendricks Center staff and conference presenters. This list does not represent an official recommendation on behalf of DTS. Rather, it serves to highlight the reality of the specific issues and seeks to provide possible ministries with which area churches might partner. DTS encourages all attendees to thoroughly read and evaluate any resources that may be passed on in a training or counseling capacity.