The Houston Leaderboard is a single-day event focused on leadership development for Christian business leaders in the Houston area.
- 7:30 AM Breakfast Buffet
- 8:00 AM Leadership Lessons from the Word (Bible Study with a DTS Professor)
- 9:15 AM Featured Speaker
- 10:00 AM “Up Close & Personal” Q & A with Featured Speaker
- 10:30 AM Closing Remarks
What happens at each session?
Each Leader Board session will feature:
- Leadership principles from the Bible taught by Dallas Theological Seminary professors
- Real-world insight from recognized leaders including a Q&A session
- Interaction with other marketplace leaders and opportunities to be encouraged and challenged
Houston Country Club | Houston, TX
Ken Calwell was Chief Executive Officer and President of Papa Murphy’s International from 2011-2017. Papa Murphy’s International is the #1 consumer rated pizza chain in the United States. Taking a hands-on approach to management, Calwell frequently visits Papa Murphy’s store locations, regularly working alongside the employees. Papa Murphy’s core purpose is to “bring families together through food people love.”
Dr. Mark Yarbrough
Dr. Yarbrough serves as Vice President for Academic Affairs, Academic Dean, and Assistant Professor of Bible Exposition at Dallas Theological Seminary. Mark oversees all Seminary activities related to academics and public representation. This includes overseeing the extension campuses (Houston, Austin, Atlanta, San Antonio), extension initiatives (Washington, DC), and Online Education (English, Chinese, and Spanish). His undergraduate degree is from Dallas Christian College, where he was named Valedictorian and received the Delta Epsilon Chi Award. At DTS he was named Who’s Who and was an SCEC scholarship recipient. He received his Th.M. in 1996, and Ph.D. in 2008.